Old 02-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered User

Default Help needd

Hi folks, I'm wondering if you can help me, i live in the Glasgow area and have always live in flats but now have got a house with my first garden
I have mature rose bushes all along the front of the house but i have seen in my local park(Victoria park) the type of rose bush that i would like to have
I don't know the name of them , the bush is on the end of a long stalk , about 3ft high 2" in dia with a bush on top with red roses

With the vague description can anyone tell me the name of them or would i be better trying to approach the gardeners in the park

cheers
Old 03-02-2007, 02:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

"tommyboy4" wrote in message

Hi folks, I'm wondering if you can help me, i live in the Glasgow area
and have always live in flats but now have got a house with my first
garden
I have mature rose bushes all along the front of the house but i have
seen in my local park(Victoria park) the type of rose bush that i would
like to have
I don't know the name of them , the bush is on the end of a long stalk
, about 3ft high 2" in dia with a bush on top with red roses

With the vague description can anyone tell me the name of them or would
i be better trying to approach the gardeners in the park

Your description is very vague. Ask the gardeners.

cheers

--
tommyboy4

Old 03-02-2007, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Tommy

It sounds like a tree rose to me. Many different types of roses, including
floribundas and miniatures are grafted is such a way. Try checking any
retail site that carries tree roses.

Mind how ya go, mate

Jeff Southeast Michigan, Zone 5 (Although it feels like zone 3 right
now!)

Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Maggie Perkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy4
Hi folks, I'm wondering if you can help me, i live in the Glasgow area and have always live in flats but now have got a house with my first garden
I have mature rose bushes all along the front of the house but i have seen in my local park(Victoria park) the type of rose bush that i would like to have
I don't know the name of them , the bush is on the end of a long stalk , about 3ft high 2" in dia with a bush on top with red roses

With the vague description can anyone tell me the name of them or would i be better trying to approach the gardeners in the park

cheers
As you are living in Scotland the rose plant you describe will be known as a standard rose.
Maggie, Somerset. UK.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Perkins View Post
As you are living in Scotland the rose plant you describe will be known as a standard rose.
Maggie, Somerset. UK.

Thanks for the help

Cheers

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM