Old 17-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Kim

Default Rose bush shape info for a very novice gardener (was How did everybody get started with their ro

In article ,
says...

I think I must be on every mailing list related to roses. A large
percentage of my bookmarks are websites that are in some way or another
related to roses. I don't think I have bought anything new for the garden
that wasn't a rose in the last couple years. Nothing beats the satisfaction
of growing beautiful roses. I am officially obsessed.

Mike
z8TX

Mike, do you have any links to sites that might show the general shape of a
bush once it's "fully grown"? Please see example of what I'm talking about at
the link below.

http://www.vintagegardens.com/cgi-bi...d=65b1ia63c8fa (search link)
and put in "The Fairy" and once it comes up, select the bush style of the rose.
Once you've done that, there is a drawing on the page that shows several
"appearences" of bushes, and "The Fairy" is #2 in that group.

I'm looking for this info because I'm getting ready to plant my first rose bed
in a week (zone 6, northern panhandle of WV) or so and since I know very little
about roses (yet) I figured I'd ask you folks on the rose group.

The plants will arrive by the end of next week so I need to know which one will
go where, based on how it might "grow up".

The bed in question is hexagonal, with 6' sides. I will be putting in 7 roses

George Burns
Intrigue
Lavaglut
Margaret Merril
Easy Going
The Fairy
Baby Grand

and would like to have some idea of the mature shape of each one so that I know
who to put next to whom. Each rose will be installed in the center of one side
of the hexagon, with one in the exact middle of the bed.

Any comments about shape and size of the roses I've picked, as well as any
other general info about how these roses behave, would be greatly appreciated.

--

Kim

"We have done so much with so little for so long that now we can do anything
with nothing." -- Dave Marcis