Old 20-02-2003, 09:51 AM
tigger

Default which rose

unfortunately my news server has been down for the past 38/48 hours so am
having to resend this request. if the first one managed to get through and
users replied could someone please repost them. regards

i am looking for a couple of roses, one for an east wall and one for a west
wall. they will be grown in pots and should not need too much pruning but
must have a long flowering period followed by hips. my wife has suggested
rosa moyesii. would it matter which wall this is put against? does anyone
have any other possible suggestions?

tks all

sorry should have added that we live in north yorks, uk.

Leyburn - Gateway to Wensleydale
54.18.38N 01.49.50W SE111905
200M AMSL

Old 20-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Shiva

tigger wrote:

unfortunately my news server has been down for the past 38/48 hours so am
having to resend this request.

Go to google.com, choose "groups," then enter rec.gardens.roses. The posts
are all archived there.

Old 22-02-2003, 02:03 AM
Scopata Fuori

would it matter which wall this is put against? does anyone
have any other possible suggestions?

I am in the USDA zone 7b, on the eastern shore of Maryland, and have had no
luck at all with placing roses against the east wall. I have a White
Meidilland that seems to be quite happy, about ten feet from the east wall,
but luckily all my Full Sails, John F. Kennedys, Long Tall Sallys, and
Pascalis were in large containers which allowed me to move them around to
the east side (albeit a lot of effort!). They simply did not thrive there.
Once they were back in full sun, they came back just fine. I think it
depends on how far north you live, because that will determine whether your
eastern exposure is a "full sun" or as in my unfortunate case, "partial
sun."

But the White Meidilland that was actually planted in the ground, seems ok,
probably because it isn't being shaded by being directly under the line of
shadow of the house; it can still soak up some of that wonderful southern
sun.

Scopata Fuori

Old 23-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Registered User

I am looking for a couple of roses, one for the east wall and one for the Western Wall. They will grow in pots, do not require too much pruning, but there must be a very long flowering period, followed by hips. My wife Rosa moyesii recommendations. I suggest a number of climbing species of Agastache. Sir Lipton (white) is the only one immediately think of, but there must be other people.
__________________
Pond Liners
Old 08-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermackk View Post
I am looking for a couple of roses, one for the east wall and one for the Western Wall. They will grow in pots, do not require too much pruning, but there must be a very long flowering period, followed by hips. My wife Rosa moyesii recommendations. I suggest a number of climbing species of Agastache. Sir Lipton (white) is the only one immediately think of, but there must be other people.

When i'm reading your post i remembered a special place for varieties of roses, check Blooming Direct voucher code, i'm sure you will find all what you are looking for!

Which herb in which bath! Derek[_6_] United Kingdom 10 03-02-2017 08:14 PM
Which rights for which animals? (was: problem with this newsgroup) Bob LeChevalier Ponds 0 25-12-2007 10:42 PM
Which rights for which animals? (was: problem with this newsgroup) pearl Ponds 0 25-12-2007 07:57 PM
Which rose will do? Morag Adams Roses 1 26-03-2003 07:08 PM
which rose tigger Roses 0 22-02-2003 07:03 PM