Old 20-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Allegra

Default From Italy, E.Veyrat Hermanos

Cass mentioned that it is difficult to obtain a good
picture of E.Veyrat Hermanos, one of my all time
favorites, and she is right. I was in Italy this evening
if only across the Net to a very nice place called
Compagnia del Giardinaggio, where I go to check
on roses that I know seldom can I find here, or to
read how they see them or describe them.

Tonight I bumped into E.Veyrat Hermanos and
upon reading about it I realize that they wonder just
as much as I do, why on earth would this gorgeous
rose be called Pillar of Gold in this country? They
accurately described the ancestry and I can't wait
until ours blooms. It was one of the last ones to bloom
in my old garden and that rose kept at it until it got
cold enough to go to sleep. One year, an ice storm
killed the bloom machine. Not until last year I finally
found another. Pat Henry was a doll by allowing me
to buy one that wasn't quite ready to go into the
world. Right now it is all leafed out and happy to be
here. Not half as happy as we are.

Here is the real look of E.Veyrat Hermanos after
3 or 4 years in the ground. The fragrance is a mixture
of apricots, peaches and tea. Here is a photo,

http://www.theoldrosarian.org/photos...atHermanos.jpg

Allegra

Old 20-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Cass

Allegra wrote:

Here is the real look of E.Veyrat Hermanos after
3 or 4 years in the ground. The fragrance is a mixture
of apricots, peaches and tea. Here is a photo,

http://www.theoldrosarian.org/photos...atHermanos.jpg

gasp That is gorgeous! God, I hope mine lives. It is a very small OR
and not all that happy....tho I think it will live...and I shall make
it live.

Thanks. I needed that.

--
Cass