Old 27-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered User

Unhappy New and looking for a rose

Hello everyone
Sorry to butt in right away with a question.
I'm sorry to say my friends baby died last week, and I promised her I would look for a rose which has his name (Alfie)
I have looked on the rhs website and there is not one listed, but I looked online and found 2
...this one for "Alfie luv"
http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/p1/gw1047492.html

and this one for the name Alfi

http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/p1/gw1047491.html

I realise these might just be American plants but PLEASE if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.
Old 15-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Registered User

Location: Buckinghamshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
Hello everyone
Sorry to butt in right away with a question.
I'm sorry to say my friends baby died last week, and I promised her I would look for a rose which has his name (Alfie)
I have looked on the rhs website and there is not one listed, but I looked online and found 2
...this one for "Alfie luv"
http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/p1/gw1047492.html

and this one for the name Alfi

http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/p1/gw1047491.html

I realise these might just be American plants but PLEASE if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.
Have you tried Peter Beales Roses - they have a fantastic catalogue? Or maybe you could ring the Royal National Rose Society in St Albans.
I hope you find what you need for your friend.
Deborah