Old 22-05-2007, 08:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Blue rose

Hello.

How to make a blue rose in home ... ?

I read many topics about this
- use water with blue pigment such as ink (white rose)
- use baking soda + water (red rose)

Any idea

Best regards.

Old 23-05-2007, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Since the second concept you had was for litmus type plants and roses
are not of that design as far as I know - I suspect door #1.

Now for an interesting concept for a whole bush of blue. Caution -
don't turn it in to win an award - they will find you out!

Wood turners and the such - they do one of the following to trees :

1. drip (large bucket) rubber hose and horse needle. Vet can provide.
The needle is often put into a drilled hole and then waxed in.
The bucket (covered) is refilled on a constant rate.
Three or more needles per tree.

2. Think of the solid fertilizer into a hose attachment... solid dye
or RIT. Spray the ground and do this over and over. Some plants
absorb that way - transport upwards...
I'd build a barrier around the bush/tree and keep the liquid there.
Then use a bucket. Likely more than one or two or even three
would be needed.

If plants were like Hydrangea then life would be like your base
material in the water to force colors. Acid for red.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrangea

Hate to 'acid' rain on your roses but I think it might not be practical. :-)
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/