GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rose id please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/159616-rose-id-please.html)

john smile 05-06-2007 02:27 PM

rose id please

The flower is about 1.5 to 2 inches wide, 5 shiny small leaves, no
smell, next to an apple tree and a six foot fence as shown on the
picture. It is free flowering i think.

http://i19.tinypic.com/53zs7et.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Bob Bauer[_2_] 05-06-2007 04:42 PM

rose id please

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 13:27:45 -0000, john smile
wrote:

The flower is about 1.5 to 2 inches wide, 5 shiny small leaves, no
smell, next to an apple tree and a six foot fence as shown on the
picture. It is free flowering i think.

http://i19.tinypic.com/53zs7et.jpg

VEry interesting one. I can't ID it off the top of my head, but I
can say that it is a climbing rose that starts off yellow and gets
pink edges withs un exposure.

Does it rebloom all summer or does it just bloom once in the Spring?

Also, any idea how old the bush is? Is it over 20 years old?

Have a good day,

Bob Bauer
http://www.rose-roses.com/

john smile 05-06-2007 09:47 PM

rose id please

It flowers at least twice a year. It could be about 10 yrs old. Pink
and white and yellow. Maybe not a climber.

I will take more photos later.

Thank you

john smile 05-06-2007 10:56 PM

rose id please

Just found it. It is Phyllis Bide. I waited one yr for it to bloom
again. Well worth it.

Thank you.

Bob Bauer[_2_] 05-06-2007 11:46 PM

rose id please

John said:
Just found it. It is Phyllis Bide. I waited one yr for it to bloom
again. Well worth it.

Sorry John, but it is definitely NOT Phyllis Bide.

Have a good one,

Bob Bauer
http://www.rose-roses.com/

[email protected] 06-06-2007 05:54 PM

rose id please

On Jun 5, 8:27 am, john smile wrote:
The flower is about 1.5 to 2 inches wide, 5 shiny small leaves, no
smell, next to an apple tree and a six foot fence as shown on the
picture. It is free flowering i think.

http://i19.tinypic.com/53zs7et.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Hi John,

That's Fortune's Double Yellow you have there.