GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   my roses look horible (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/160386-my-roses-look-horible.html)

FireBrick 20-06-2007 03:39 AM

my roses look horible

I've always had great big long lasting blooms on my White Dawn Rose.
This year, the top leaves are brown/yellow, and the blooms seem to be
rotting before they open.

Good soil, careful watering, no bugs or creatures I can see.
Live in Chicago area, weather has been normal

Anybody have an idea what's happening?
Will I loose the bush?

Please and Thank you.

"I don't suppose its gonna rain?" Joan of Arc

Bill H. in Chicagoland
webcams at http://76.16.160.118:8080
weather at http://hhweather.webhop.org

Winsford 07-08-2007 11:31 AM

Could be almost anything. If it is bug free it could be viral, but more likely a nutrient deficiency such as potassium (if for example you're on a light sandy soil) but you say your soil is good. I'd apply some sulphate of potash but don't expect a rapid turnaround.