Old 23-06-2007, 03:56 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

Default does anyone know what type rose this is?

Got a mini rose from wal-mart (yes, wal-mart of all places!). There's no ID
with it. I don't know the name or anything other than mini rose and the
price sticker said Van Wingerden Int. Tried to find the rose and the
company online, but no luck. Of course the people at walmart don't have a
clue. Does anyone know what type it is? I would like to know the name and
the characteristics of the plant itself. I know from my other roses that
different type roses prefer different lighting, amounts of water, etc.

It's a mini rose, has pink blossoms with white stripes. At first bloom, the
pink is like a hot pink color, as the bloom ages, it becomes a lighter color
pink. I've found varieties online that were similiar, but the colors were
red and burgendy, not pink, so not sure if it the same with a different
color variation.

Should be able to copy and paste the links to your browser or to just click.
If it doesn't work, let me know and I will try something else.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose009.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose008.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose007.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose006.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose005.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose004.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose003.jpg[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa186/raeannsimpson/mini%20rose%20ID/rose002.jpg[/IMG]

Hope they work!......................

Thanks,
Rachael

Old 23-06-2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

Rachael Simpson wrote:
Got a mini rose from wal-mart (yes, wal-mart of all places!). There's no ID
with it. I don't know the name or anything other than mini rose and the
price sticker said Van Wingerden Int. Tried to find the rose and the
company online, but no luck.

http://www.natures-heritage.com/ is the website of Van Wingerden Int

A bit confusing since they also go by the name of natures-heritage, but
look at bottom right of web page. They do indeed sell miniature roses to
Walmart.

Email address is:
Old 23-06-2007, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

"Jeff" wrote in message
Rachael Simpson wrote:
Got a mini rose from wal-mart (yes, wal-mart of all places!). There's no
ID with it. I don't know the name or anything other than mini rose and
the price sticker said Van Wingerden Int. Tried to find the rose and the
company online, but no luck.

http://www.natures-heritage.com/ is the website of Van Wingerden Int

A bit confusing since they also go by the name of natures-heritage, but
look at bottom right of web page. They do indeed sell miniature roses to
Walmart.

Email address is:

Thanks, I checked out the site, and sent them an email. Didn't know that
the two companies were one and the same. I never turned up anything that
would link the two companies in my search. Appreciate it!

Rachael

Old 23-06-2007, 06:11 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses
Ann Ann is offline

"Rachael Simpson" expounded:

It's a mini rose, has pink blossoms with white stripes. At first bloom, the
pink is like a hot pink color, as the bloom ages, it becomes a lighter color
pink. I've found varieties online that were similiar, but the colors were
red and burgendy, not pink, so not sure if it the same with a different
color variation.

You left out the most important thing - is it fragrant? )
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 23-06-2007, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

"Ann" wrote in message
"Rachael Simpson" expounded:

It's a mini rose, has pink blossoms with white stripes. At first bloom,
the
pink is like a hot pink color, as the bloom ages, it becomes a lighter
color
pink. I've found varieties online that were similiar, but the colors were
red and burgendy, not pink, so not sure if it the same with a different
color variation.

You left out the most important thing - is it fragrant? )
--

Ha, yeah I guess i did then..........

Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

well, it smells good to me. I only like the good smelling kind! (lol)
Kinda the same smell as the "scentsational" to me. Just a bit more subtle.
Have to really get close to it to smell it, but "boy, oh, boy" does it smell
good!

Old 23-06-2007, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses
Ann Ann is offline

"Rachael Simpson" expounded:

well, it smells good to me. I only like the good smelling kind! (lol)
Kinda the same smell as the "scentsational" to me. Just a bit more subtle.
Have to really get close to it to smell it, but "boy, oh, boy" does it smell
good!

Wow, really? I've got Scentsational, it's wonderful! I'll have to go
to Wally-World and check it out.....
Old 24-06-2007, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...mini%20rose%20...[/IMG]

Hope they work!......................

Thanks,
Rachael

begin 666 spacer.gif
K1TE&.#EA`@`"`( ``,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````"``(`0 ("A%$`.P``
`
end

I don't kow for certain what your rose is - but there's a full size
rose called Candy Cane that is similarly coloured and shaped. Hope
that gets you a bit closer.
Cheers,

Old 24-06-2007, 03:04 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

"Eves Daughter 07" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 24, 12:56 am, "Rachael Simpson"
wrote:

**SNIP*

begin 666 spacer.gif
K1TE&.#EA`@`"`( ``,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````"``(`0 ("A%$`.P``
`
end

I don't kow for certain what your rose is - but there's a full size
rose called Candy Cane that is similarly coloured and shaped. Hope
that gets you a bit closer.
Cheers,

I had compared it to the Candy Cane, then there's the Pinstripe, and the
Scentimental. But they are red in color with stripes, not pink. I don't
know if they have color variations under the same name or not though.

Thanks for the input!
Rae

Old 24-06-2007, 01:59 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

"Ann" wrote in message
news
"Rachael Simpson" expounded:

well, it smells good to me. I only like the good smelling kind! (lol)
Kinda the same smell as the "scentsational" to me. Just a bit more
subtle.
Have to really get close to it to smell it, but "boy, oh, boy" does it
smell
good!

Wow, really? I've got Scentsational, it's wonderful! I'll have to go
to Wally-World and check it out.....
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
e-mail address is not checked
******************************

My wally world (didn't know folks outside of NC called it that too...lol...)
had the rose on the inside of the garden center there where they keep the
bamboo and violets. If you happen to see one like the one I got, if it has
any ID with it, will you please let me know? I emailed the company, but who
knows if I'll ever hear anything back.........

Scentsational is one of my favorites, I got to get me another one. After 8
years, it didn't survive this past winter..........it had started blooming
already when the last freeze hit. Not looking like it's gonna bounce back.
Been waiting to see if it will.

Rae

Old 25-06-2007, 02:39 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses
Ann Ann is offline

"Rachael Simpson" expounded:

My wally world (didn't know folks outside of NC called it that too...lol...)

I think that's pretty universal now )

had the rose on the inside of the garden center there where they keep the
bamboo and violets. If you happen to see one like the one I got, if it has
any ID with it, will you please let me know? I emailed the company, but who
knows if I'll ever hear anything back.........

Will do! I've got several stores to check out, we're going up to
Maine this weekend, so I'll poke around up there, too.

Old 25-06-2007, 09:40 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

"Jeffrey L. Kline" wrote in message
. net...
Check out Peppermint Twist. Mine is kinda a hot pink.

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

Haha, FOUND IT! we were all so close, thanks to a search i did on the
"candy cane' and the "peppermint twist" i found it on www.weeksroses.com. i
believe it must be a mini version of the climber "candy land".

Still not completely sure, but this is the closest i've found.

thanks, and if anyone could verify, appreciate it!

Rae

ps: ignore typing skills again, once again typing while holding baby.
(we're in the final stages of cutting first 2 teeth. ill-city!)

Old 27-06-2007, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

funny - now the pink stripes on the blossoms on my rose bush are turning
lavendar..........i don't have a clue what variety it is now. gonna start
doing research on it again

Old 28-06-2007, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

Haha, FOUND IT! we were all so close, thanks to a search i did on the
"candy cane' and the "peppermint twist" i found it on
www.weeksroses.com. i believe it must be a mini version of the
climber "candy land".

Where did you find it at that site? I can't find it, darn it, and I'd love
to get one.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:05 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.roses

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message

Where did you find it at that site? I can't find it, darn it, and I'd
love
to get one.

Here's the link to the page that "candy land" is on:

http://www.weeksroses.com/climbers.php

However, that one is a climber, not a miniture, so I'm not sure if that's
what I have myself. Now, the roses on my bush have changed in color from
the pink/white they started out with, to a lavendar/white mix, so I still
don't have a clue what type I have. "Candy Land" is the closest thing I
found, before my roses' color change. Emailed the manufactor, still haven't
heard anything. Oh, well. It's still pretty and still smells good.........

Rae