Old 28-08-2007, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Where is every one

Is there anyone left in this group or is it a dead group. Is there another
place where all the rose people have gone. Thanks
Sharon in MN

Old 28-08-2007, 06:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

In article ,
Sharon Capps wrote:
Is there anyone left in this group or is it a dead group. Is there another
place where all the rose people have gone. Thanks
Sharon in MN

Or... it's close to September, and we're concentrating on our
chrysanthemums.

--
-john

February 28 1997: Last day libraries could order catalogue cards
from the Library of Congress.
Old 28-08-2007, 10:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

We're still out here...

So, how have your rose been doing? Things have been a bit ruff here in
Michigan. Very hot, and until a couple of weeks ago, very dry. My roses
seem to be blooming OK, by the green is a bit lack luster.

regards

Jeff

Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

Old 29-08-2007, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Down in deep East Texas the rain boosted lots of Red and early yellow.
Reds just completed Forth of July still has a bloom (two days ago) - hot
101..105 F. Yellows are starting again.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Old 29-08-2007, 02:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

"Jeffrey L. Kline" wrote in message
. ..
We're still out here...

So, how have your rose been doing? Things have been a bit ruff here in
Michigan. Very hot, and until a couple of weeks ago, very dry. My roses
seem to be blooming OK, by the green is a bit lack luster.

regards

Jeff

Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

Roses are just finishing blooming and I don't know if I should dead head
them or will that cause more growth. It has been extremely hot and dry here
too. The humidity has been terrible. My weeds have done wonderful this
summer. I am glad that someone is still here. I thought maybe everyone
moved somewhere else.
Sharon in MN

Old 29-08-2007, 02:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

"John M. Gamble" wrote in message
In article ,
Or... it's close to September, and we're concentrating on our
chrysanthemums.

--
-john

That could be too John. They are beautiful this time of year.
Sharon in MN

Old 30-08-2007, 02:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

It has been hot here - over the 100's and heat factor over the 110's.
But every night we get RH% of 97-98% and the temp goes down to 74.

So the early a.m. is nice, by 11a or 12p it is a steam bath and by 12:30 a.m
it drops downward from the 100 or upper 90's to the 70's.

Finally today we got a drizzle and boomers off to the sides of us - a whopping
0.16" and maybe will become .2 by the end of the night. Clearing now. My
weather station sneaks .04" up and to that before it registers. So light stuff
never gets logged )-:

At least we got some the sand was coming out of the clay.

We have two yellows coming out - the Peace was out week before last.

Martin Lufkin Texas.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

"Sharon Capps" wrote in message
Is there anyone left in this group or is it a dead group. Is there
another
place where all the rose people have gone. Thanks
Sharon in MN

I'm still around, having checked in much
lately.

I've been weeding and feeding my roses.
Watering has been a snap this year since
we've gotten so much rain plus it's been
relatively cool. Compared to the last two
years, that's wonderful.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8
USA

Old 13-11-2007, 07:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Actually, it's kind of a relevant question. Many other Usenet groups are
undergoing a slow migration to moderated Web forums. Not nearly as many
posts about wanking and MI5 and whatnot. ;-)

So, are there *other forums that people here recommend. I have found a
few by doing Internet searches, but am wondering if folks actually have
recommendations??

Thanks a lot,

Gohst

Old 13-11-2007, 11:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Things have been slow here lately. I've been to Rosarian's Corner, which is
OK. I think a lot of us here are pretty comfortable with growing roses and
so do not often have burning questions for which we are unable to find
answers. I know I often check to see if there are any new postings here,
but I'm not always inclined to start a new thread.

Perhaps those of us who enjoy this style of site should be a bit more
proactive. We must all have some insights we could share, before be asked.

Jeff Kline, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

news792AF64825B482DB8AFF80E0CCCA635@ChrisAMD...

Old 14-11-2007, 04:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

I finally joined some yahoo e-groups.and love the e-mails that I get. Again
they can be quiet some times too.
Sharon in MN

Old 15-11-2007, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

So right you are. Some are very active - I'm in a Conchologist group that
is world wide and is active on that basis - that seems to be active most
of the time. A unique machine in my shop group that I make metal art and
the like is medium. Others like this are seasonal.

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Old 21-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Registered User

Location: Cape Town, South Africa

[QUOTE"Sharon Capps" wrote
Is there anyone left in this group or is it a dead group. Is there
another place where all the rose people have gone. Thanks
Sharon in MN QUOTE]

Hi I am a newbie

Rosegrowers are not dead. I have three rose bushes at present. And my garden is relatively new.
1. An unidentified bush that I inherited from the previous home owner.
2. A Pat Austin Rose bush
3. A Margaret Roberts Rose bush.

All three are wonderfully fragrant.
Digging in the dirt.