GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose Hip Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/164656-rose-hip-question.html)

[email protected] 10-09-2007 10:14 PM

Rose Hip Question

Hi guys,

Several of my bushes have hipped and I am waiting for November to roll
around so I can harvest them and plant the seeds. I've been watching
them over the months to check their ripening process. Today I was
looking at them and noticed that on my Monumental, one of the hips
appears to have 2 still-green seeds poking out the top and the stem
beneath that hip is starting to turn brown and dry out. None of the
hips on that plant or on any of the others is doing either of those
things.

So my question is: Is this hip still viable or should I snip it?

Thanks!
Jason