Old 04-03-2008, 02:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default 'Color Magic', climbing 'Chrysler Imperial'

A few months ago, several retail nurseries indicated they would indeed
have 'Color Magic' rose this season. Today, I discovered that no one
has it. I even tried http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/index.php, but
all the cited sources for 'Color Magic' indicate "Not in Stock" either
on their Web pages or via phone calls.

Is this like climbing 'Chrysler Imperial', a variety no longer grown
commercially? Are there any hobbyists out there who can root a cutting
of 'Color Magic' or climbing 'Chrysler Imperial' for me?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
Old 04-03-2008, 03:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

http://www.heirloomroses.com/cgi/bro...at=24&item=991

Color magic at heirloomroses.com

I got to the point of ordering but didn't .

Good luck
Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Old 05-03-2008, 06:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Color magic at heirloomroses.com

David E. Ross wrote:
A few months ago, several retail nurseries indicated they would indeed
have 'Color Magic' rose this season. Today, I discovered that no one
has it. I even tried http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/index.php, but
all the cited sources for 'Color Magic' indicate "Not in Stock" either
on their Web pages or via phone calls.

Is this like climbing 'Chrysler Imperial', a variety no longer grown
commercially? Are there any hobbyists out there who can root a cutting
of 'Color Magic' or climbing 'Chrysler Imperial' for me?

Thanks. I just now ordered 'Color Magic' from them.

But I'm still looking for climbing 'Chrysler Imperial'. This is no
longer available from any commercial grower. If anyone has this in
their garden, I would appreciate a rooted cutting.