Old 13-03-2008, 02:12 AM
Koscha's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Portsmouth, UK
Question Rose name conundrum

Hi, I'm new to the forum, having just finally got my own garden to play with! I've just recently bought 4 roses from a popular (??) diy chain, but the names of the roses are not right (I certainly can't find them on any list). Can anyone help as i'd like to know a bit about disease resistance etc?
The given names on the pots a
Frosty Morning (White, bush rose)
Joy (Yellow to pink edges, bush rose)
The Abbey Rose (pink, sold as a bush rose but has a gallica look to it)
and Deep Velvet (Deep Red, bush rose)

Thanks.
Old 22-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koscha View Post
Hi, I'm new to the forum, having just finally got my own garden to play with! I've just recently bought 4 roses from a popular (??) diy chain, but the names of the roses are not right (I certainly can't find them on any list). Can anyone help as i'd like to know a bit about disease resistance etc?
The given names on the pots a
Frosty Morning (White, bush rose)
Joy (Yellow to pink edges, bush rose)
The Abbey Rose (pink, sold as a bush rose but has a gallica look to it)
and Deep Velvet (Deep Red, bush rose)

Thanks.
heard of deep velvet but as a pink miniature.
__________________
Currently sharing garden with - Moles, voles, rabbits, pheasants, sheep, cat, dogs, hare, buzzards, crows, slugs, frogs . . . . .
Old 30-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koscha View Post
Hi, I'm new to the forum, having just finally got my own garden to play with! I've just recently bought 4 roses from a popular (??) diy chain, but the names of the roses are not right (I certainly can't find them on any list). Can anyone help as i'd like to know a bit about disease resistance etc?
The given names on the pots a
Frosty Morning (White, bush rose)
Joy (Yellow to pink edges, bush rose)
The Abbey Rose (pink, sold as a bush rose but has a gallica look to it)
and Deep Velvet (Deep Red, bush rose)

Thanks.
Frosty Morning http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=1.23310

Joy http://tinyurl.com/5g9jc7