Old 03-02-2009, 03:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default How do I cut back my roses? Is it too late?

I live in california and the weather is moderate this year. My roses
have reached about 8 ft and I'm thinking it's time to cut them back,
but I'm not sure of what to do
Old 05-02-2009, 12:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Sure, you can cut them almost any time, as long as they are repeat bloomers.
If they only bloom once a year, than wait until their done for this year.

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

Old 02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey L. Kline View Post

"MarkE" wrote in message
I live in california and the weather is moderate this year. My roses
have reached about 8 ft and I'm thinking it's time to cut them back,
but I'm not sure of what to do
Wish I'd read this before, my roses died
__________________
I work at a lovely firm of Liverpool Solicitors!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:28 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny_adams View Post
Wish I'd read this before, my roses died
oh what a pity.....
__________________
Marriage is a romance like ally mcbeal dvd
in which the hero dies in the first chapter bones dvd never come back!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 AM
Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflygirl View Post
oh what a pity.....
Wow..So pity....

Can we have fir tree cut back now/ late spring? Rebecca[_2_] United Kingdom 1 01-05-2007 09:46 PM
Too late to severely cut back budlea davidii?? Rebecca United Kingdom 51 02-07-2004 08:10 AM
How late is too late? FBCS Ponds 12 29-08-2003 01:04 AM
Help! Brown lawn. Too short, Too long, Too much water or Too lois Lawns 0 27-08-2003 03:24 AM