Old 20-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Registered User

Post hi there!

im a newbie in gardening and i always wanted roses in my garden. is there a blue colored roses? i wanted to plant those not the usual color of roses like red or yellow i want something different...is planting other colored roses like blue colored ones will not affect its color after pollination because i have a one pot of rose with two color of buds one is red the other is yellow but they grow in the same stem... how can i avoid this so it will not affect my blue colored ones.. I still want to keep my old roses....
Old 21-03-2009, 01:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default hi there!

There was some talk about a almost blue rose although I can't remember who
put it out.
http://inventorspot.com/articles/tru...first_ja_10477
True blue is not in the genetic make-up of roses.

Cross pollination only effects the off-spring of a rose, not the rose it's
self, so the color of one rose does not effect the other. So plant away!

Jeff, Southeast Michigan, Zone 5

--
merrylmackay