Old 25-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Shiva

Default Dame de coeur

hels wrote:

Allegra

I am Dutch

as Marianne and Rien are

apparently

I answered Mriannes question already in private (and in Dutch) as Shiva
doesn't want me to appear here as she believes this is "her"

newsgroup....

Just to let you know...

Guido

Guido, are you off your meds? Or are you getting so old you cannot
distinguish between what you make up in your head and what is true? Every
time you show up here to make snide comments, I make a point of asking you
about your roses. You have always declined to discuss them, or anything
else rose-related. "My" newsgroup, indeed. Nobody here is buying that
nonsense. Take a pill, man. It beats the hell out of being one.

"Allegra" schreef in bericht
news

"antis" wrote in message

Since you don't speak Dutch you may as well go to
Google and find how to translate the original message
by Rien, from where the quote came.

Which roughly translated means:

*If you ask more questions in this newsgroup, do that then in

English,
this an English speaking newsgroup and if you do so then it gets

you
more
and faster answers*

I guess it pays to read the entire content of something
- and understand it - before we appoint ourselves to the grand

jury...

Allegra

Thanks Allegra.
You understand very wel what i meant to say.
The way you speak Dutch,is the same way I speak Englisch.
I do understand the mening of the messages but i am not always able

answer.

Greatings, Rien. (The Netherlands)

(and yes, i have a dictionary next to me!!!!)

Hello Rien,

When you speak a couple of languages as I do and have
traveled around the world a couple of times as I have,
the first thing you learn to do is to read with your heart
and then with your eyes. It may be naive and old fashioned,
but I come from an era of gentility and respect for others
that demands that I act that way. I would have never for
a second suspected you of a prejudiced or jingoist answer,
I knew you were trying to help someone and had to do so
with very limited options.

You are most welcome, and once again thank you for
explaining to Marian that it wasn't that -I, for instance-
was ignoring her request for help, it was that I didn't
know even with the dictionary how to ask her where
she was or tell her how to take care of the Queen of Hearts
without confusing the heck out of her.

How are your roses doing? Best wishes for them
and you from a surprisingly dry day in Portland,
Oregon

Allegra

Old 25-03-2003, 11:56 PM
hels

Hi shiv

You seme to know it all

my roses are apt and knowledgeble

bad english i know

mebe a bit dutch thingkining in between

hleps

but

but

but
bud
bud
bud

you claim i never answered you

no

did

not answer

you

shud I?

"Shiva" schreef in bericht
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.808734026496b723f341e82328d50c12 @1048635248.cotse.net...

Old 26-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Allegra

"hels" wrote in message ...
Allegra

I am Dutch

as Marianne and Rien are

apparently

I answered Mriannes question already in private (and in Dutch) as Shiva
doesn't want me to appear here as she believes this is "her" newsgroup....

Just to let you know...

Guido

Hello Guido,

Now what is nice Dutch fellow doing signing with such a beautiful Italian
name?
Where are you? Amsterdam? Gorgeous city? I visited the gardens at the Palais
of Het Loo right after the reconstruction. What a beauty! and we fell in
love with
the rhododendrons and the roses at Huize Warmelo in Diepenheim in
Overijssel.
I always find extremely funny that some people believe only bulbs are grown
in
Holland.

At any rate, you can talk to me any time you want. I wish I could speak
Dutch,
but my ears are not good enough to get the right pronunciation. However my
good will seems to make up for my lack of phonetic singularity ;)

Is good to know that you are into roses. What do you grow? Ogr? or HTs?
a mixture of both? I grow and mostly study old garden roses. I find them to
be a constant source of wonderment. I hope you will share your garden.
It is nice to learn from others in other climates how they deal with their
problems, and I mean solely about roses ;)

Take care and please share some photos if you have,

Allegra

Old 26-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Cass

hels wrote:
I am Dutch

as Marianne and Rien are

apparently

I answered Mriannes question already in private (and in Dutch) as Shiva
doesn't want me to appear here as she believes this is "her" newsgroup....

Just to let you know...

Guido, long time no see. Any surviving roses or have they all joined
your Dead Roses Society? This is your froup as much as anyones.

--
-=-
Cass

Old 26-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Regina

hels wrote:

Allegra

I am Dutch

as Marianne and Rien are

apparently

I answered Mriannes question already in private (and in Dutch) as Shiva
doesn't want me to appear here as she believes this is "her" newsgroup....

Just to let you know...

Guido

Hey Guido, good to see you are still around.

Regina
Old 27-03-2003, 12:20 PM
hels

Hi Cass

Thanks

No actually the roses that survived the mayor overhaul are now in excellent
rosy conditions with an automatic drip system and soil where i hope they
thrive and they are now showing some signes they will. Off course roses here
bloom much later than your's

Regards Guido

"Cass" schreef in bericht

Old 27-03-2003, 12:20 PM
hels

Hi Allegra,

Nice to see someone here who actually "knows" where the Netherlands are and
how it looks:-)

There was a famous Flemish poet whom I was named after. His name was Guido
Gezelle.

No, living in The Hague (the Royal city)

Approx a mile from the Westbroek Rose garden of The Hague.

I used to grow all sorts of. Did a mayor overhaul of my garden and now the
leftovers are banned to two borders but wit ideal conditions.

Modern roses less, because they don't like my pure sand soil so much

Regards

Old 27-03-2003, 08:44 PM
Radika Kesavan

hels wrote:

No actually the roses that survived the mayor overhaul are now in
excellent rosy conditions with an automatic drip system and soil
where i hope they thrive and they are now showing some signes they
will.

Hey, Guido. Long time no see. Too busy with the new business endeavour?
What roses did you manage to move, what fell by the wayside, and since
when did you start using the "y" for "j" in your spellings?

Off course roses here bloom much later than your's

So do Mack's. I think.

--
Radika
California

Old 30-03-2003, 01:56 PM
hels

Hi Radika

Yes very busy indeed.

I must confess I really don't know which from the 80 plus varieties I lost.
Apart from a few the (stil) living ones also lost the nametags or the names
on the tags under way. I will be able to say something more in two months
when there are some blooms.

Some of the leftovers I do recognize:
1 Agnes bush
1 Ballerina standard
1 Bonica standard
2 compassion bushes
1 friesia bush
1 Glauca bush
2 lavender pinochio standards
1 Margaret Merrill standard
1 Marie Pavic standard (one of my favourites)
1 Mme Curie Standard
1 Mutabilis bush (hopefully)
1 suntan standard (hopefully)
3 Superstar bushes
1 veilchen blau standard
1 zepherine drouhin bush

Jes The Y foah the J.... Hm

Mebe I was thinking about Mack's ring (ic he is around ...)
Or about a friend who is a mayor of an ancient British city in Devon.
or about Mayonaise which we Dutch use to eat with French Fries ( just as
strange as eating fries with ketchup as they use to do at your side of the
pond)

Love

Guido

"Radika Kesavan" schreef in bericht