Old 21-05-2009, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Rose Leaves being eaten.

Hello,

The foliage on my roses is being removed by something. After inspecting
the plants I see no insect infestation apparent. The leaves look like they
are being pruned off leaving leaf stems. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 22-05-2009, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Grass hoppers might not hang around long enough.

Spray with a systemic insect killer - so when they chew they take the hit.
Won't wash off.

Martin

Old 22-05-2009, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Should have said :

http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/nezpe...er_control.htm

Martin - I'm in Texas, Google is in San Jose Ca. :-)