Old 28-06-2009, 12:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default New to Roses

I have what I think to be a climbing rose. In the last 3 years (how long
I've been here!) I've put a trellis behind in year 1 with plant being small
and no flowers. Last year a new growth emerged and I read somewhere to
weave the new growth horizontally in the trellis. I did that, and this year
I got lottsa roses. Very nice.

But, now I see lottsa holes in the leaves and also, I'm kinda lost as to
what to do next to keep in growing and producing.

can you help me please? Thanks.

Old 29-06-2009, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Spectracide or like bug spray that the plants absorb - watering and rain
won't wash off. The roses will replace the bad leaves. Best to do it before
much growth in the spring. I have to do it myself - put it off due to storm
issues and business customer needs.

Martin