GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Keeping a Messy Garden - new shots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/18576-re-keeping-messy-garden-new-shots.html)

dave weil 26-04-2003 07:32 PM

Keeping a Messy Garden - new shots

I got tired of fiddling with photo galleries, although I'll spend some
time in the near future and actually figure them out (I've found that
Photoshop's galleries are easier than Front Page's but I still had
some problems publishing it to a web page). So, here are the promised
photos at pbase. Much easier g

http://www.pbase.com/teleburst/new_garden_shots

Some global comments:

The climber that you see behind Don Juan on the porch is Sombreuil.
The green stuff growing in front of the porch is two types of mint -
peppermint and spearmint. The large rose in the corner of Felicia's
bed (on the left) is Touch of Class. The small violet bloomed plant
next to Felicia is an azalea.

The porch faces due east. The sun starts to shade Sombreuil between
11:30 and noon. Felicia doesn't get shade until after 1.

The large bush next to the "foundation garden" is Sweet Briar Rose.
It's in its third season. It now has about open blooms and will be
covered in blooms in about a week.

I defy *anyone* looking at these shots to describe me as a lawn or
garden Nazi g.

Unique Too 26-04-2003 10:56 PM

dave weil writes:

I defy *anyone* looking at these shots to describe me as a lawn or
garden Nazi g.

I was going to just because you defied me, but after I viewed them, I couldn't
do it. Not too many people take photos of their weeds. :) You have some nice
roses there! Lots of nice healthy foliage, I like that.

dave weil 27-04-2003 05:08 PM

On 26 Apr 2003 21:43:55 GMT, (Unique Too) wrote:

dave weil writes:

I defy *anyone* looking at these shots to describe me as a lawn or
garden Nazi g.

I was going to just because you defied me, but after I viewed them, I couldn't
do it. Not too many people take photos of their weeds. :) You have some nice
roses there! Lots of nice healthy foliage, I like that.

Thanks. The roses have done well for 3rd year (of course, the Aloha is
far older). I'm lucky to have rich, friable, earthworm righ soil
(unusual for Nashville). I suspect that this is old Indian farming
land. This is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Nashville, so it
wasn't destroyed by modern-day developers...

I've just posted 3 new photos and some captions. You can see how
quickly Portland From Glendorra is throwing blooms. The fragrance near
the bush is quite heady. And Aloha whould be really popping in the
next two weeks.

http://www.pbase.com/teleburst/new_garden_shots

dave weil 27-04-2003 08:44 PM

Keeping a Messy Garden - new shots

dave weil writes:

I defy *anyone* looking at these shots to describe me as a lawn or
garden Nazi g.

I was going to just because you defied me, but after I viewed them, I couldn't
do it. Not too many people take photos of their weeds. :) You have some nice
roses there! Lots of nice healthy foliage, I like that.

Thanks. The roses have done well for 3rd year (of course, the Aloha is
far older). I'm lucky to have rich, friable, earthworm righ soil

Damn, typing skills are poor today...

That should be "earthworm rich"...

(unusual for Nashville). I suspect that this is old Indian farming
land. This is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Nashville, so it
wasn't destroyed by modern-day developers...

I've just posted 3 new photos and some captions. You can see how
quickly Portland From Glendorra is throwing blooms. The fragrance near
the bush is quite heady. And Aloha whould be really popping in the

Aloha *will* be really popping...

Those don't even look like normal typos...

next two weeks.

http://www.pbase.com/teleburst/new_garden_shots