Old 26-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Kellie J. Berger

Default Pic of my Hot Tamale....and unrelated ?

wanted to show y'all this.... the only mini rose that has done well at my
house (maybe cause it's the only one i bought from a garden center?!)

http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/berg...HotTamale2.jpg

http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/berg...HotTamale3.jpg

wish she were bigger with these flowers all over the place! but she does
last a long time, and the color changes are gorgeous! I am slowly but
surely convincing DH that roses are okay and he isn't going to pop a soccer
ball on them... so soon i should have some more! right now i have 4 minis
(3 from the grocery store that the kids begged for) and one discount JP of
unknown name... I think it is getting blackspot - I bought it last summer
and just got it planted a month ago, the pot was full of fire ants.... and i
just planted a double rose of Sharon on the South side of the house...
other than that we have daisy things, vinca and iris and verbena and such in
the front.

also a ? not rose related, but gardening... (we're in Houston) i have a
swampy area on the E side of my house right next to the back wall of the
house. I would like to make a flower bed there with plants about 12 to 24"
tall.... What swamp lovin, shade loving plants should i look at? How big do
rose mallows get, do they tolerate shade?
I can think of shade plants and of bog plants and of short plants, but don't
know where to look to get all 3 in one... if even i can! They'll get
morning sun til about noon or 1pm most days, and sometimes it dries out, but
too often it is mud.

thanks for any leads!
--
kellie

Old 28-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Shiva

Kellie J. Berger wrote:

wanted to show y'all this.... the only mini rose that has done well at my
house (maybe cause it's the only one i bought from a garden center?!)

http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/berg...HotTamale2.jpg

http://www.hamiltonpipeband.org/berg...HotTamale3.jpg

Very pretty, Kellie. Minis will be my next passion. I can feel it coming.

Old 28-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Kellie J. Berger

thank you! I really didn't mean to buy her, but she kept crying to me when
i walked in that general direction. grin I got her early spring last
year and she has done wonderfully.

I wish she was bigger and had fragrance.... but i'm sure there's another
full size rose out there close enough that I can buy someday!

--
kellie

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.52139850b5ad2754a5dbcea3e3f54ee4 @1051484992.cotse.net...

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
Two unrelated questions: Pines in pots and Spreading Yew Problem GaryM Gardening 0 09-06-2004 11:45 AM
Two unrelated questions: Pines in pots and Spreading Yew Problem GaryM Gardening 0 09-06-2004 10:54 AM
Two unrelated questions: Pines in pots and Spreading Yew Problem GaryM Gardening 0 09-06-2004 09:45 AM