GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for my perfect rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/186702-looking-my-perfect-rose.html)

GabrielKnight 20-08-2009 10:45 PM

Looking for my perfect rose

Or as near as possible. My first rose project...

Needs to have as many of the following attributes as possible, in order of importance:

* Available in UK
* A climber, to trail along mini trellis on top of fence - 1 meter up, 1 meter along each way.
* A classic, deep red English valentine rose (Google the classic red 'Mr Lincoln' for desired appearance).
* Small, tight country cottage size flowers. Anything oversized or overblooming is not the ticket in an English garden! Understated is the keyword ; )
* An overpowering classic rose pong.
* A tollerant plant considered easy to look after.
* A popular rose with history that can be Googled for help.

Not too much to ask for, lol!

mleblanca 21-08-2009 11:55 PM

Looking for my perfect rose

On Aug 20, 1:45 pm, GabrielKnight GabrielKnight.
wrote:
Or as near as possible. My first rose project...

Needs to have as many of the following attributes as possible, in order
of importance:

* Available in UK
* A climber, to trail along mini trellis on top of fence - 1 meter up,
1 meter along each way.
* A classic, deep red English valentine rose (Google the classic red
'Mr Lincoln' for desired appearance).
* Small, tight country cottage size flowers. Anything oversized or
overblooming is not the ticket in an English garden! Understated is the
keyword ; )
* An overpowering classic rose pong.
* A tollerant plant considered easy to look after.
* A popular rose with history that can be Googled for help.

Not too much to ask for, lol!

--
GabrielKnight

I don't know Availability in UK, but it is available in US
You will have to judge about "small blooms" and "easy care"
It is easy care here in California's Central Valley, north.
Fragrance is wonderful, and it is RED

I nominate Climbing Don Juan

Emilie