Old 27-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Shiva

Default Joseph's Coat & Bare Root Roses

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 07:30:01 GMT, "JimS."
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
Well, I broke down.

I bought Don Juan. Rescued it from WalMart. $6.97
Shiva just wore me down chuckle.

Me too....Shiva, uh, "convinced" me last year. (that's OK, I talked her into
Joseph's Coat anyway, so we're even...!)

Hey there! I have to tell you that my JC was slow in starting, about
the last of the 15 or so S&W Greenhouse bareroots to sprout, but it is
on its way now! It had me worried for a while. I think it is so
interesting how all bare roots seem to have their own little internal
clock. All these different roses arrived looking like they were at the
same stage of complete dormancy, and one leafed out in a matter of
days, others are still struggling almost a month later.

My Don Juan looks like he's
started on Human Growth Hormone, and this is only barely the 2nd season.

Hah! I told you, I toold you! Mine is so huge and healthy, too. I have
actually never heard anyone complain of a sickly one, although I bet
it happens. If so, it HAS to be crappy cultivation!
.

I had to laugh at this .....I was gonna do this too..... Not only is the
trellis that my Don Juan on also a shrimpy little 4 ft one, it's also along
the sidewalk, and starting to crowd his neighbors..... I was thinking of
doing the exact same thing, adding another one and growing sideways.
There's a tree above it, so he can't grow upwards anyway.. In fact,
tomorrow I think I'm going to have to move a Mr. Lincoln that's right next
to him. At the rate things are going, it looks like little Juancito is not
going to stand for Mr. Lincoln as a next door neighbor. Funny, it SEEMED
like plenty of room between them just a couple of weeks ago.....!

You are clearly growing good roses! You might want to think about
allowing Don Juan to grow up into Mr. Lincoln. (Just kidding. I still
have not shoveled my Mr. L, cankered and ugly as he is. But he is in
the doghouse. Had I bought the Ingrid Bergman or Chrysler Imperial I
saw last week, he would be but a memory.]

JimS.
Seattle

[IBC] Joseph's Coat (Tricolor) & Serissa [email protected] Bonsai 6 01-03-2005 08:17 PM
Has anyone heard of a plant called Joseph's coat? MaryJoL Gardening 23 02-02-2005 06:56 PM
Questions about Joseph's Coat rose Natty_Dread Gardening 2 08-08-2004 05:11 AM
Joseph's Coat LauraEG Roses 8 21-04-2004 03:05 PM
Joseph's Coat Shiva Roses 1 24-06-2003 03:20 AM