Old 23-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered User

Default Pruning roses in Puglia

When is the best time to prune established roses in Puglia, Southern Italy (right down near the bottom of the heel of the boot!)
__________________
Technically Blonde
Andiamo In Italia
Old 19-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInPuglia View Post
When is the best time to prune established roses in Puglia, Southern Italy (right down near the bottom of the heel of the boot!)
Hi there,

Am new to the site. Pruning needs to take place when the plants are still dormant or just about to start growing again - in Uk this is usually March but in Puglia it would be a month or more before that I should thinkI have a house in Puglia too but, as yet, am not living there permanently. In the garden have planted a couple of roses. My main worry was irrigation and whether the roses would stand up to the summer heat. What has your experience been about these two things?
Old 19-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vieenrose View Post
Hi there,

Am new to the site. Pruning needs to take place when the plants are still dormant or just about to start growing again - in Uk this is usually March but in Puglia it would be a month or more before that I should thinkI have a house in Puglia too but, as yet, am not living there permanently. In the garden have planted a couple of roses. My main worry was irrigation and whether the roses would stand up to the summer heat. What has your experience been about these two things?
We inherited the roses when we bought the house. They are in a bed that I rarely water and they flourish even in the heat of the summer. They get quite a bit of shade.
Where abouts in Puglia are you?
__________________
Technically Blonde
Andiamo In Italia
Old 19-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInPuglia View Post
We inherited the roses when we bought the house. They are in a bed that I rarely water and they flourish even in the heat of the summer. They get quite a bit of shade.
Where abouts in Puglia are you?
Latiano, near San vito. I think we may have met briefly at Kath and Andy's New Year party.
Old 19-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vieenrose View Post
Latiano, near San vito. I think we may have met briefly at Kath and Andy's New Year party.
We were definitely there, will also be at their next bash in April
Technically Blonde
Andiamo In Italia