Old 05-10-2009, 10:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Black spots

I would like to know if there is a natural pesticide for black spots for
roses or do you need to use chemicals.

Regards.
Livy

Old 18-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livy View Post
I would like to know if there is a natural pesticide for black spots for
roses or do you need to use chemicals.

Regards.
Livy
Couple of things to do for blackspot. First make sure the rose is getting enough to eat. Mulching with good compost twice a year (spring and fall) will help a lot. Compost tea is very effective against black spot. As is baking soda mixed into soft water (1 tablespoon per quart of water) with a bit of dish detergent also will knock out black spot. Milk mixed 1 part milk to 4 parts water will be very effective against powdery mildew if that becomes a problem. I use raw skimmed milk but any will do.
Old 19-11-2009, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Questions About Blue Rose

Keep looking.

The issue with blue in nature and semiconductor lasers - (blue ray) - geometry!

The feature size is very very small. Red is large and yellow is medium.

Purples are available we have some. Blue is elusive in most plants.

That is my take. There might be a custom plant - small source ?

Martin

Ian Sean wrote:
I am confused about blue rose.
Are blue roses natural or synthetic?
Where will I found a naturally planted blue rose?
How to breed blue roses?
From what place did blue rose originated?

I am looking forward to see some answers here as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance!

Old 21-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Registered User

Location: Leeds, UK

The wise thing is to avoid inhaling any kind of pesticide spray.The best way to control plant diseases is foothold in the garden in the first place.