Old 02-04-2010, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default grass clippings

Hi, I wonder if any one knows if you can put your grass clippings and
mulched up leaves around the roses. Can they be right up to the base of the
rose or do you need to keep it away from the base. I like to use my grass
clippings for mulch. Thanks for any responses.
Sharon in MN

Old 03-04-2010, 03:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

I don't have a professional opinion, however I have heard that
composting material consumes nitrogen. I'd compost it for use
later in the summer.

Martin

Old 04-04-2010, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Thank you Martin, I will keep that in mind.
Sharon in Mn

sharoncapps wrote:
Hi, I wonder if any one knows if you can put your grass clippings and
mulched up leaves around the roses. Can they be right up to the base of
the rose or do you need to keep it away from the base. I like to use my
grass clippings for mulch. Thanks for any responses.
Sharon in MN

Grass clippings as mulch? Sam United Kingdom 4 19-05-2004 11:15 PM
Grass clippings John DeBoo Gardening 9 15-08-2003 07:07 AM
Leave grass clippings on site? (not composting this year) pgh Gardening 3 17-04-2003 02:32 PM
Grass Clippings Paul Smart Australia 7 05-04-2003 07:37 AM
Grass Clippings Paul Smart Australia 7 29-03-2003 05:32 PM