Old 21-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Registered User

Default Thinking of growing roses

Hey everyone!

Im thinking of starting to grow some roses but i am not sure how to begin. I have grown flowers in my patch for a while but i never looked into rosesscrot.

Do they need special amounts of time/looking after?

I have a rose in my garden at the moment which was bought for me as a gift from Sacks & Slacks garden shop.

Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks
Old 21-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Registered User

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Of Gold View Post
Hey everyone!

Im thinking of starting to grow some roses but i am not sure how to begin. I have grown flowers in my patch for a while but i never looked into rosesscrot.

Do they need special amounts of time/looking after?

I have a rose in my garden at the moment which was bought for me as a gift from Sacks & Slacks garden shop.

Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks
This is such a romantic story - really loved reading it.
Old 27-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Registered User

Smile

any kind of plant needs time and attention specially the flowers..

as for the roses , it really needs time ...
for me , i prefer plant shrub rose for it is very free-flowering, producing a good supply of fragrant flowers all summer...
__________________
vegetable garden
Old 06-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezylala View Post
any kind of plant needs time and attention specially the flowers..

as for the roses , it really needs time ...
for me , i prefer plant shrub rose for it is very free-flowering, producing a good supply of fragrant flowers all summer...
Before you plant them, make sure you know all the proper methods for keeping them in shape. I used this guide Garden Resources | the home of web based garden chat very informative and gives you all the neccessary tips and tricks for looking after your roses
Old 10-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered User

Roses grow surprisingly well in containers, as long as you get them off to a good start and keep them well watered. When planting rose gardens you must prepare the ground well, with a rich, well drained loam and a thick layer of organic matter, like compost or peat moss on top.

Old 14-06-2010, 03:37 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Of Gold View Post
Hey everyone!

Im thinking of starting to grow some roses but i am not sure how to begin. I have grown flowers in my patch for a while but i never looked into rosesscrot.

Do they need special amounts of time/looking after?

I have a rose in my garden at the moment which was bought for me as a gift from Sacks & Slacks garden shop.

Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks
Any plant like roses needs special attention as they are living things. They need proper care and maintenance. Since you had grown some plants yourself, you know the basics.

As for the roses, you can grow from seed or you can just buy a grown rose and have it transplanted at your garden. During its growing stage, you need to prune them, to get the best figure for your bush. Monitor daily your shrub for any pests or diseases it may have. Good Luck.