Old 29-04-2003, 07:32 PM
dave weil

Default Finally, a decent gallery from me up on the web

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/index.htm

Also, what is the deal with Europeana? Is it the default "I don't know
what this rose is so I'll slap a Europeana bag around it"? The
"Europeana" bagged rose that I got at Lowe's a month or two ago has
some very pretty YELLOW blooms coming out. It *does* appear to be a
florabunda type growth pattern though.

I'll post shots of it later when the blooms get a little more open.

Oh yeah, I have pictures of an unknown yellow bush that I hope someone
can come up with. This was a tagged rose two seasons ago, but, for the
life of me, I can't find the tag, *or* remember the name.

I have another unknown yellow miniature that I'll be jonesing for an
identification that I'll post later (it was truly just named
"Miniature Rose") but it looked so cute that I had to take it home.

Well, getting ready to see Bob Dylan tonight - in a club!

PS, I had done captions for the pictures but forsome reason they
didn't take. I'll keep trying - damn this photo gallery stuff is hard
work g...
Old 29-04-2003, 09:20 PM
dave weil

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:40:39 GMT, "Theo Asir"
wrote:

Hey dave thats a georgeous
Old Bush you got there. Do
the blooms bear a close examination?

Do you mean Old Blush? I assume that you do...

The blooms themselves are very nice for a day or two and then they
start getting all "blowsy". Right now, almost all ofthem are either
heavily open or dropping off...

I'm gonna attempt to grow it this year
here in Z5!!? So, since you live in Zone 6
was there any kill this year. I know you had
a hard winter too.

Wasn't much of a winter kill at all. However, are you sure that you
want to attempt this? After all, I'm stretching it by trying to grow
it in 6B as it's a Zone 7 rose. I have to wonder how it would do in
KC.

The yellow looks an awful lot like golden wings.

Golden Wings is too "rufflely".

But hard to be sure. Where did you get it?

I can't remember. I know that it's a J&P tagged rose though. I sure
wish I could remember what it is. Shame I'm too lazy to keep a
journal.
Old 29-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Theo Asir

wrote:

Hey dave thats a georgeous
Old Bush you got there. Do
the blooms bear a close examination?

Do you mean Old Blush? I assume that you do...

Blush! (Pun intended) :-)
Actually I'm not that funny.

The blooms themselves are very nice for a day or two and then they
start getting all "blowsy". Right now, almost all ofthem are either
heavily open or dropping off...

I'm gonna attempt to grow it this year
here in Z5!!? So, since you live in Zone 6
was there any kill this year. I know you had
a hard winter too.

Wasn't much of a winter kill at all. However, are you sure that you
want to attempt this? After all, I'm stretching it by trying to grow
it in 6B as it's a Zone 7 rose. I have to wonder how it would do in
KC.

Well Felicia came through w/ no winter kill this year.
So did Jacques Cartier, Kaiserin Auguste Victoria &
Aloha. These were in very open locations. Old blush
will be well protected and I don't mind kill to the ground.

My St. Patrick does this trick every year,
only to come roaring back.

The yellow looks an awful lot like golden wings.

Golden Wings is too "rufflely".

But hard to be sure. Where did you get it?

I can't remember. I know that it's a J&P tagged rose though. I sure
wish I could remember what it is. Shame I'm too lazy to keep a
journal.

It gets ruffley in high heat but
in early spring cool weather thats how it looks.

On the other hand thinking a little more
Golden wings frequently sends out flowers that
are not single. Unlike yours.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City