Old 05-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered User

Default Compassion Rose is not flowering! Can you advise me ?...

I planted the Compassion climber Rose 2 years ago.
it is growing well but, slowly. In the spring/early summer when I would expect the shoots to grow vigourously and for the first flowers, It grows slowly....hardly any shoots and no flowers.

There was a flourishing climbing rose which had become a tree when I moved in. I think it died through age/not sure. However, it was thriving and threw out 6 foot shoots every summer with repeat flowering all summer.

All advice is welcome

Current status!
Shallow bed / should I build this up..
Shady walled corner of the garden ( I have recently cut back as much as possible of other evergreen growth to give it more light.The trellis beside it above the wall is now covered in foliage. this blocks direct sun passing over.

should I have dug out all soil and put new soil in?
How best should I take care of it. I don't know much about gardening yet.
All leaves look healthy/no black spots or flies.

The sun travels over the garden every day....but no direct sun.

Can you advise me,

it will be much appreciated!

Regulations on Conifer height ..Can anyone advise please ? Simmo Gardening 15 04-08-2006 07:17 AM
New Orchid owner, can someone provide advise? ext237 Orchids 3 12-03-2006 01:47 AM
Advise needed climbing rose Ben Tuinman Roses 2 29-06-2005 01:04 AM
Old aluminium roof under pond liner,good idea or not? please advise John Ponds 4 29-01-2003 09:03 PM
Old aluminium roof on top of pond liner,good idea or not? please advise John Ponds 2 28-01-2003 07:00 PM