GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Changing colour of a rose bush (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/198034-changing-colour-rose-bush.html)

Muttly 07-06-2011 06:10 PM

Changing colour of a rose bush

I have a Golden Anniversary Rose bush, that was brought for my parents about 8 years ago now. This year I have noticed that one branch of flowers on the rose has changed colour to peach but the rest of the bush is still the normal golden colour. I would like to know if this is a usual thing to happen and if the new growth should be removed or what action is to be taken ( if any)
Hope someone can help me in this, many thanks.

fran 07-07-2011 01:31 AM

Changing colour of a rose bush

Most roses are grafts, so that one branch should be removed, as it's
probably the stock rose. If you look, you're likely to see it growing
from the trunk below the rest of the branches. Cut it back to the
trunk.