GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Worms and white stuff (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/198674-worms-white-stuff.html)

kaykay 05-07-2011 12:22 PM

Worms and white stuff

I am not an avid gardener but recently I have noticed some white stuff on my rose bush. I went online and though I have note seen any image similar, I decided to try a home remedy of vinegar and baking soda mixture to treat. I have dont this but upon further examination there are worms and tiny, what I believe to be aphids on the rose bush. The whole thing is affected and I really cant see myself chopping the whole thing down, out of the question! Any suggestions? I would be keen on getting home made remedies as my budget does not stretch to anything outside of what's necessary :( Cheers for any advice. :)

kaykay 05-07-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaykay (Post 929218)
I am not an avid gardener but recently I have noticed some white stuff on my rose bush. I went online and though I have note seen any image similar, I decided to try a home remedy of vinegar and baking soda mixture to treat. I have dont this but upon further examination there are worms and tiny, what I believe to be aphids on the rose bush. The whole thing is affected and I really cant see myself chopping the whole thing down, out of the question! Any suggestions? I would be keen on getting home made remedies as my budget does not stretch to anything outside of what's necessary :( Cheers for any advice. :)

NO ONE HAS ANY ADVICE???

fran 07-07-2011 01:29 AM

Worms and white stuff

white stuff may be powdery mildew. Mildew and aphids are not easily
controlled in my experience. I wind up using sprays.

hilfiger 12-12-2011 10:53 AM

Even that is also a kind of virus so please use any kind of bacteria killer and cut off the white things because it will effect the others.

allen73 27-02-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaykay (Post 929218)
I am not an avid gardener but recently I have noticed some white stuff on my rose bush. I went online and though I have note seen any image similar, I decided to try a home remedy of vinegar and baking soda mixture to treat. I have dont this but upon further examination there are worms and tiny, what I believe to be aphids on the rose bush. The whole thing is affected and I really cant see myself chopping the whole thing down, out of the question! Any suggestions? I would be keen on getting home made remedies as my budget does not stretch to anything outside of what's necessary :( Cheers for any advice. :)

Ew, sounds grose! I would not eat the rest...it could very well be mold. If its not, than still it could be something harmful and its 100% deffinetley not supposed to be there or be eaten! Ive had the trolli gummies, and this has never happened. Actually, i gave them out to 20 people during a party before, and everyone love them! There was no white stuff-never heard of such a thing!