Old 05-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered User

Default Worms and white stuff

I am not an avid gardener but recently I have noticed some white stuff on my rose bush. I went online and though I have note seen any image similar, I decided to try a home remedy of vinegar and baking soda mixture to treat. I have dont this but upon further examination there are worms and tiny, what I believe to be aphids on the rose bush. The whole thing is affected and I really cant see myself chopping the whole thing down, out of the question! Any suggestions? I would be keen on getting home made remedies as my budget does not stretch to anything outside of what's necessary Cheers for any advice.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I am not an avid gardener but recently I have noticed some white stuff on my rose bush. I went online and though I have note seen any image similar, I decided to try a home remedy of vinegar and baking soda mixture to treat. I have dont this but upon further examination there are worms and tiny, what I believe to be aphids on the rose bush. The whole thing is affected and I really cant see myself chopping the whole thing down, out of the question! Any suggestions? I would be keen on getting home made remedies as my budget does not stretch to anything outside of what's necessary Cheers for any advice.
NO ONE HAS ANY ADVICE???
Old 07-07-2011, 02:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

white stuff may be powdery mildew. Mildew and aphids are not easily
controlled in my experience. I wind up using sprays.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:53 AM
hilfiger's Avatar
Registered User

Even that is also a kind of virus so please use any kind of bacteria killer and cut off the white things because it will effect the others.
Old 27-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I am not an avid gardener but recently I have noticed some white stuff on my rose bush. I went online and though I have note seen any image similar, I decided to try a home remedy of vinegar and baking soda mixture to treat. I have dont this but upon further examination there are worms and tiny, what I believe to be aphids on the rose bush. The whole thing is affected and I really cant see myself chopping the whole thing down, out of the question! Any suggestions? I would be keen on getting home made remedies as my budget does not stretch to anything outside of what's necessary Cheers for any advice.
Ew, sounds grose! I would not eat the rest...it could very well be mold. If its not, than still it could be something harmful and its 100% deffinetley not supposed to be there or be eaten! Ive had the trolli gummies, and this has never happened. Actually, i gave them out to 20 people during a party before, and everyone love them! There was no white stuff-never heard of such a thing!
Fruit Trees