Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Registered User

Location: Hertfordshire
Default David Austin Roses

Can anyone help or advise ? After numerous visits to Chelsea etc I had been saving up to buy 25 David Austin roses for four square beds beside my pond. Bought as bare root from David Austin in 2009 and duly planted according to their instructions and watered accordingly. First year I was disappointed that they grew very tall and had drooping heads that did not last very long at all. Year two equally as straggly and leggy with drooping heads. I had pruned as per instructions on year one.
Cannot seem to get any shorter growth with them and now wishing I had not invested in these very expensive plants.
Has anyone else had this problem and solved it ? they are not deprived of light or food or water!
Varieties I bought were - Claire Austin, Pat Austin, Golden Celebration.
Thanks if you have any advise...
Old 22-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter169 View Post
Can anyone help or advise ? After numerous visits to Chelsea etc I had been saving up to buy 25 David Austin roses for four square beds beside my pond. Bought as bare root from David Austin in 2009 and duly planted according to their instructions and watered accordingly. First year I was disappointed that they grew very tall and had drooping heads that did not last v
I would like these roses, i have roses don't know what they are, they get pink flowers and have runners they are every where and I don't know what to do with them, can't seem to even kill one. If you would like a trade I would do one, thanks