GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yellow coating at the base of my miniature rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/199900-yellow-coating-base-my-miniature-rose.html)

Christine 02-10-2011 06:28 PM

Yellow coating at the base of my miniature rose

Hi group,

I live in Calgary, Alberta, where it is fairly dry. I have a potted
miniature rose which is about 4-5 years old and it hasn't been doing
well lately. I went on vacation and my husband watered the rose daily
but I think he might have overwatered it. There is a thick, bright
yellow covering at the base of the rose and I don't know what it is. I
looked up rose diseases, but because you can get yellow roses, I'm not
having the best search results.

I know what soil mold looks like, but this is growing straight up. I
removed the yellow nodes and noticed that they were solid and spongy
and yellow throughout. I took a poor cell phone picture (naturally) -

https://plus.google.com/?hl=en&tab=q...46703639813905

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks,
Christine

Christine 07-10-2011 12:33 AM

Yellow coating at the base of my miniature rose

Ew, gross, I lifted up the pot by chance today and discovered more of
the yellow stuff. It was thick, spongy and smelled vaguely like a
mushroom :-P