GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   newbie from calif north coast looking for same (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/202038-newbie-calif-north-coast-looking-same.html)

Seaside Roses 01-02-2012 01:17 AM

newbie from calif north coast looking for same

Hi y'all!
I love roses, and have about 100 in my 1/2 acre yard in chilly, wet,
shady coastal northern calif-the real northern one!
And that's cuz I found old garden roses and hardy new ones, and I'm so
glad.
Nevertheless, some do better than others.
I'm just wondering if there are others in a similar climate (mild
winters, cool summers, not ever humid but just damp) that is trying to
grow them, and what you've found.
Jean

allen73 29-05-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside Roses (Post 948959)
Hi y'all!
I love roses, and have about 100 in my 1/2 acre yard in chilly, wet,
shady coastal northern calif-the real northern one!
And that's cuz I found old garden roses and hardy new ones, and I'm so
glad.
Nevertheless, some do better than others.
I'm just wondering if there are others in a similar climate (mild
winters, cool summers, not ever humid but just damp) that is trying to
grow them, and what you've found.
Jean

Which brings me to your vehicle. Total Escape has a huge following rural campers, hard-core RVers and the off-road 4x4 dudes/dudettes. Total Escape is about nature, as much as the car that gets us out there. Way out there. Past the masses, beyond the village shops, past the factory outlet mall & behind the RV parks. Many of these back roads in California are somewhat maintained. Graded dirt, granite gravel, well eroded, even overgrown 2 track trails. Some possibly motorcycle or 4x4 only trails. Routes virtually unknown to the common man.