Old 04-05-2003, 04:20 AM
lee-b-me

Default Aphids

Besides spraying with insecticides, can anyone tell me any natural
combatants to my aphid prob ?
A natural repellent i can toss on the ground perhaps ( would prefer a long
term solution like this rather than a spray solutions, if there is one )

thanks

--
"Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear"

Old 04-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Scopata Fuori

"lee-b-me" wrote in message
Besides spraying with insecticides, can anyone tell me any natural
combatants to my aphid prob ?

There's a definite satisfaction to smushing the little *******s with your
fingers, when you find a bud coated with them.

Guaranteed all natural, environmentally friendly, and effective.

Scopata Fuori

Old 04-05-2003, 09:20 AM
jammer

On Sun, 4 May 2003 13:17:14 +1000, "lee-b-me"
wrote:

Besides spraying with insecticides, can anyone tell me any natural
combatants to my aphid prob ?
A natural repellent i can toss on the ground perhaps ( would prefer a long
term solution like this rather than a spray solutions, if there is one )

thanks

Water, some dish soap, spray it on the bugs. Or i have had good
results with spraying the stalks and buds with HARD streams of water
every few days.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Theo Asir

I've had fairly good results this
year w/ white oil. It does not
eliminate the aphids but controls
the population explosion till the predators
can kick in.

White oil is also good for fungus.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

Old 06-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Snooze

"Charlotte Payne" wrote in message
s.edu...
I used to use Ortho Systemic Rose & Flower Care granules which worked very
well. Ever since Bayer restricted the Di-Syston ingredient for their
product Advanced Garden 2-in-1 Systemic Rose & Flower Care, I have not
had the same luck; aphids just seem to ignore the Bayer. Is anyone using
the Bayer successfully? I am in No. California.

I'm in the bay area, I used bayer on my roses about 2 weeks back. This week
I noticed I had a rather heavy aphid infestation, so it doesn't seem to be
working. But I don't know if 2 weeks is enough time for to get soaked up
into the plant.

I liked ortho as well, it worked very well.

Sameer

Old 06-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Charlotte Payne

I'm in the bay area, I used bayer on my roses about 2 weeks back. This week
I noticed I had a rather heavy aphid infestation, so it doesn't seem to be
working. But I don't know if 2 weeks is enough time for to get soaked up
into the plant.

I liked ortho as well, it worked very well.

Sameer

Thanks, Sameer. I used Bayer about 3 weeks ago, so I'm not sure why it
doesn't work as quickly as the Ortho did (or what other ingredients the
Ortho had). I'm worried it won't work at all, which would be a shame.
I'll go back to hosing them off every night after work (which is the only
time I have to do it).

Charlotte

Old 07-04-2004, 05:33 AM
ben boorman

I'd avoid spraying them off in the evening. The water on the plants can
result in diseases you've never even heard of.... do it in the morning
so they can dry off before the heat of the day.

ben

aphids Wilf & Helen Ponds 3 19-11-2003 06:12 AM
Aphids on hibiscus ame-ame Australia 5 24-04-2003 01:56 AM
Aphids Wilf & Helen Ponds 2 26-02-2003 06:51 PM
aphids Bonnie Espenshade Ponds 10 25-02-2003 03:52 AM
tiny gnats -flies- aphids David Shalita Edible Gardening 1 31-01-2003 02:14 AM