GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ruby rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/203914-ruby-rose.html)

corky78 08-06-2012 10:54 PM

Ruby rose

Hi peeps, I'm looking for some help from you green fingered types out there.

It's my parents ruby wedding anniversary in the next couple of weeks and i'm thinking of getting them a ruby rose tree preferably one for a container so it can be moved about the garden as they wish, what i'm after is one with a bit of scent and that produces plenty flowers for the summer, and has a lovely flower too it.

Can anyone recommend a good plant supplier that i can order from to get delivered to them, or a type of rose to be looking for?

Any help would be very much appreciated, cheers.

Craig.

Boron Elgar[_2_] 09-06-2012 02:28 PM

Ruby rose

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:54:52 +0000, corky78
wrote:

Hi peeps, I'm looking for some help from you green fingered types out
there.

It's my parents ruby wedding anniversary in the next couple of weeks and
i'm thinking of getting them a ruby rose tree preferably one for a
container so it can be moved about the garden as they wish, what i'm
after is one with a bit of scent and that produces plenty flowers for
the summer, and has a lovely flower too it.

Can anyone recommend a good plant supplier that i can order from to get
delivered to them, or a type of rose to be looking for?

Any help would be very much appreciated, cheers.

Craig.

Where are you located? What country, what climate?

Boron

corky78 09-06-2012 05:10 PM

Hi Boron,

Thanks for your reply, I'm located in scotland and its usually freezing, haha.

I sorted it out by just going to my local Dobbies garden centre, they had what i was looking for, i just hope it's a healthy enough plant that'll last a while.

Craig.

Boron Elgar[_2_] 10-06-2012 02:08 AM

Ruby rose

On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 16:10:06 +0000, corky78
wrote:

'Boron Elgar[_2_ Wrote:
;961062']On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 21:54:52 +0000, corky78
wrote:
-

[...]

Good luck!

Boron

GloryDsouza 13-06-2012 12:10 PM

Rubies are known for its deep red color, rubies can also come in beautiful undertones of reddish purple. Because of the ruby's ability to vary in dark and light shades according to light, the ruby has found itself on top of women's most favorite fashion accessory or fashion jewelry list for evening events and soirees.

Emily Drappi 29-08-2012 10:35 PM

Planting Zones for Miss Ruby Butterfly Bush:
Grow this Buddleia shrub in planting zones 5-9.
Sun and Soil Requirements for Miss Ruby Butterfly Bush:
Grow in full sun and in well-drained, loamy soil enriched with humus. Although reasonably drought-tolerant once established, make sure you water these plants during times of extreme heat. During one hot spell, I apparently failed to provide my shrubs with enough water; as a result, some of the flower buds dried up.
Care for Miss Ruby Butterfly Bush:
Mulch Buddleia in the fall for winter protection in cold climates. Fortunately, the plants are deer-resistant.

allen73 31-08-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corky78 (Post 961024)

Ruby rose makes a superb gift for that very special occasion. This rose likes a lot of sun and good air circulation in a humus rich soil. Growing roses in a flower gardening requries a little knowledge about caring and pruning.