Old 13-06-2012, 03:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Floribunda Roses

I want to plant several Floribunda roses in pots, but am not sure which size
pots to use? Can anyone tell me, or tell me where on line I can get an
answer to this question.

Thanks,

Scout

Old 13-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Registered User

Location: California

Floribunda roses are a hardy type with large, showy flowers. These roses need less care than many other rosebushes and grow in a shorter, bushier shape. Their compact form and good tolerance for a wide range of growing conditions make these roses an excellent choice for container growing.

Floribunda roses will grow in a wide range of containers, including traditional pots and tubs, hanging baskets and troughs. Any container will work as long as it provides good drainage, has a wide base and is large enough to allow the roses to develop their roots correctly. Smaller floribundas grow well in 10 gallon pots, while larger specimens need up to 15 gallons. Use plastic, terracotta, wood or glazed ceramic, but don't place a saucer under the pot to catch water overflow, as this can encourage root rot.
__________________
Fruit Trees
Old 19-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Registered User

Hi Frerckles..
The Floribunda roses are planted in pots in spring and the pots are moved outside when the risk of hard frost is past. The roses stay outside in the fair weather and sunlight through summer and early fall. The most obvious class of roses suitable for culture in pots is the miniature rose class. The plants are small so the pots they require are small. The pots must move their fine fragrance and beautiful blossoms nearer your face. Thank You.

Floribunda Roses Scout Lawns 1 05-06-2012 11:48 AM
Ancient History of Rose Plants - Floribunda, Grandiflora, Hybrid Tea, Polyantha Roses BobWalsh Gardening 1 14-03-2012 05:57 PM
GRANDIFLORA vs FLORIBUNDA ROSES Freckles[_5_] Roses 1 04-05-2010 11:55 PM
Grandiflora and Floribunda Roses Freckles[_5_] Gardening 0 02-10-2009 02:39 PM
Clethra delavayi, Viburnum x carlcephalum & Dipelta floribunda Mike Gilmore Gardening 5 29-11-2003 06:22 PM