Old 04-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Jerome Morrow

Default Seven year rest for rose garden beds

Hello,

I read that some farmers use every 7th year as a rest period for their farm.
They leave it fallow and give it a time to rest.

I'm just wondering whether we should do the same thing with our rose beds.
So in winter takeout the roses and place them in pots. Dig through the beds
and mulch it with good manure and compost. Then leave it fallow for one
year. And transplant the roses back the following winter.

Any comments?

Old 04-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Shiva

On Sun, 04 May 2003 15:11:56 GMT, "Jerome Morrow"
wrote:

Hello,

I read that some farmers use every 7th year as a rest period for their farm.
They leave it fallow and give it a time to rest.

I'm just wondering whether we should do the same thing with our rose beds.
So in winter takeout the roses and place them in pots. Dig through the beds
and mulch it with good manure and compost. Then leave it fallow for one
year. And transplant the roses back the following winter.

Any comments?

Yep. My first impression is that you might not have enough to keep you
busy. If not, come on down! I need rose hole diggers, weeders,
feeders, waterers, windowwashers and weedmowers!