Old 09-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Theo Asir

Default Cross pollination?

You have very precisely
detailed the symptoms of Botyritis.
Rotting on the stem is typical.

It usually goes away once dry
hot summer weather approaches.

If you're comfortable w/ that thats OK too.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"FOW" wrote in message
If you see my roses, they have NO botrytis.Or powdery mildew or downy
mildew. Some of them are getting spotted from rain. Seen it happen for 7
years to them. Some just rot on the stem, Brides Maid especially. Not
enough heat to make all my roses pop.
Seems like some of my roses have a very high petal count, Very dense buds,
They just don't open until the 2nd or 3rd bloom cycle.
"Theo Asir" wrote in message
Sorry I don't understand.
Water by itself does not
cause any damage.

It promotes growth of Fungii.
The fungii cause discoloration.

Check out Cass's link.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"FOW" wrote in message
I have seen rain cause colored spots on my roses. No fungus here.
Just bugs.
"Theo Asir" wrote in message
You have botyritis.
Time to spray.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Jerome Morrow" wrote in

message
Same thing happened to one of my iceburg roses. Its next to

several
red
roses including a Mr Lincoln and now it has red spots all over the
flowers.

I think that its partly due to the weak nature of the particular

plant.
Another iceburg in the same bed, which is stronger, is not

affected.

Old 17-05-2003, 09:44 AM
FOW

Your right, I do have Botrytis. I just never thought of it as that until I
read all the things posted here. I just dead headed the rotting flowers and
now we have some heat here, and am in the 2nd bloom cycle now
.....................No more problems. I live in Wine grape growing country.
Heard of grapes getting THE NOBLE ROT.........botrytis. Never thought of it
happening with roses.

I guess if I keep an open mind, I learn something.............Duh !
Thanks for the info !