Old 20-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Registered User

Default Please help.... Dying/sick rose

Hi, we recently moved to a house with beautiful climbing roses around the front door. A rose bush on each side, these were pruned in the autumn and although one side is flourishing the other has produced a few leaves which have now turned brown. It is alive but I fear it is slowly dying. There are no actual signs of pest or disease on the plant it's just not producing shoots?

Any advice?
Thanks so much
Old 20-05-2013, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

On Monday, May 20, 2013 9:08:34 AM UTC-4, Sarah Fogg wrote:
Hi, we recently moved to a house with beautiful climbing roses around

the front door. A rose bush on each side, these were pruned in the

autumn and although one side is flourishing the other has produced a few

leaves which have now turned brown. It is alive but I fear it is slowly

dying. There are no actual signs of pest or disease on the plant it's

just not producing shoots?

Any advice?

Thanks so much

It sounds to me like it was cut too far back? I am afraid there may be nothing you can do about it. Plant another one over it and maybe you will get lucky and have two.

MJ

--

Sarah Fogg

Old 04-06-2013, 12:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Sounds like a virus. Dig it out, including the roots. I would not
plant another rose there as you do not know if the virus is in the
soil.

Old 24-07-2013, 01:18 PM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Fogg View Post
Hi, we recently moved to a house with beautiful climbing roses around the front door. A rose bush on each side, these were pruned in the autumn and although one side is flourishing the other has produced a few leaves which have now turned brown. It is alive but I fear it is slowly dying. There are no actual signs of pest or disease on the plant it's just not producing shoots?

Any advice?
Thanks so much
let me understand first....