Old 07-06-2014, 11:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Mulch for Roses

Our rose garden had small pieces of bark mulch spread across the floor,
including right up against the base or each rose bush. The roses were
doing very well with this mulch.

Enter a new gardener, and he is claiming that you don't want moist mulch
touching the base of the roses. He proposes to put a small circle of rocks
near the base, and to keep the bark mulch outside this ring.

I am not clear here about what kind of mulch design is best for a roses.
Maybe someone can clarify.

Old 27-10-2014, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 4:56:09 PM UTC-5, W wrote:
Our rose garden had small pieces of bark mulch spread across the floor,
including right up against the base or each rose bush. The roses were
doing very well with this mulch.

Enter a new gardener, and he is claiming that you don't want moist mulch
touching the base of the roses. He proposes to put a small circle of rocks
near the base, and to keep the bark mulch outside this ring.

I am not clear here about what kind of mulch design is best for a roses.
Maybe someone can clarify.

Hi W,
I just read your post from June. How did your roses fare during the summer months?
Cheryl
www.greenwoodnursery.com
Old 24-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Registered User

Xem Phim ChÃ*ng Quá»· Của Tôi kể vá» má»™t ác quá»· bá»—ng mất hết sức mạnh sau khi vÆ°á»›ng vÃ*o má»™t nữ thừa kế lạnh lùng. NhÆ°ng có thể cô nắm giữ chìa khóa giúp anh tìm lại năng lá»±c đã mất... vÃ* mở cá»*a trái tim anh.

Best Mulch for roses? Noddy[_2_] Roses 8 01-07-2011 08:16 PM
To compost/mulch or not to compost/mulch Malcolm United Kingdom 15 03-05-2009 10:19 AM
To Mulch or Not to Mulch Ron H Gardening 6 13-08-2006 10:06 PM
Colour of roses best roses for Albuquerque, NM Radika Kesavan Roses 18 05-04-2003 01:20 AM
BALD HIP ROSES AKA. DWARF ROSES (Rosa gymnocarpa) nwforestmagic Roses 1 14-03-2003 04:44 AM