John Square Climber

Old 16-06-2014, 06:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default John Square Climber

On Friday, July 17, 1998 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Jerry wrote:
I just want to thank everyone for caring so much about the yellow
climbing rose my grandfather patented in 1937 (John Square Climber). I
did fine 1 (!) rose on my last trip "home". It was buried under a very
large rhoderdrum on the shady side of my aunt's home. The poor thing
was about 3 inches high and the branch was very small. Even though it
was June, I dug it up and brought it to Arizona and planted it in a
large pot. No one gave it much chance, but it is growing! It has grown
about 6 more inches, and gets taller every day. I found a rose grower
in Phoenix who want to propagate it for me if it continues to grow.
Thank you again for all the help.
Joan in Arizona

Hello! My name is Tyler Square, and I was hoping to find a living Square Climber. I see your post was in 1998 - is it still alive by chance?

Thanks!

~Tyler