GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose beds during Winter time (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/roses/21076-rose-beds-during-winter-time.html)

Jerome Morrow 07-05-2003 05:32 AM

Rose beds during Winter time

Hello,

I've planted ranunculi and tulip plants in my rose beds. They help to fill
in the gap during Winter time. Our Winters over here in Melbourne are very
mild. Its between 40F - 65F. We hardly get any frost. And sometimes we get
very warm days - 70F - probably thanks to El Nino.

I'm just wondering whether this is a good idea. I still need to feed the
tulips and ranunculi but then the roses get *fed* too. And they don't get a
chance to rest.

Cheers!