Old 07-05-2003, 03:08 PM
dave weil

Default Edmunds Roses offering 25% off end-of-season sale until May 20th

http://www.edmundsroses.com/

I highly recommend the quality of their bare roots...

Old 10-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Shiva

On Wed, 07 May 2003 09:01:17 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

http://www.edmundsroses.com/

I highly recommend the quality of their bare roots...

Excellent. Can I hold your credit card?

Old 10-05-2003, 01:20 PM
dave weil

wrote:

http://www.edmundsroses.com/

I highly recommend the quality of their bare roots...

Excellent. Can I hold your credit card?

Sure. Just don't try to charge anything on it...
Old 10-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Shiva

wrote:

http://www.edmundsroses.com/

I highly recommend the quality of their bare roots...

Excellent. Can I hold your credit card?

Sure. Just don't try to charge anything on it...

~~
""

/-\

That's supposed to be a scowl.

Not very good, is it?

What do you have planned this weekend? I have to get my 2 circus and three
Distant Drums in the ground and weed like a regular weedeater.

Old 10-05-2003, 04:44 PM
dave weil

wrote:

http://www.edmundsroses.com/

I highly recommend the quality of their bare roots...

Excellent. Can I hold your credit card?

Sure. Just don't try to charge anything on it...

~~
""

/-\

That's supposed to be a scowl.

Not very good, is it?

Works for me.

BTW, it wasn't that I didn't want you using it - it's just that you'd
probably get a "declined" message...

What do you have planned this weekend? I have to get my 2 circus and three
Distant Drums in the ground and weed like a regular weedeater.

Work, work, work.

In between work, deadheading like a big fool.

Belami is throwing its first blooms after being transplanted. I'm
looking forward to seeing how it's going to do now that it's more in
the open sun (it used to be hidden behind Felicia). Those blooms hve
the most delicious sweet smell, even if they're not big showy blooms.
It's nice to have a tighter bloom in the garden. Speaking of Felicia,
it looks like it snowed around that bush. Massive profusion of blooms
*and* spent blooms. The smell is heady within 10 feet of it.

Cass is right about the scent on Sweet Briar. It's a nice change of
pace to have the green apple coming from the leaves as well as the
blooms. It's almost finished for the year - figure another week at
most. Damn, that's been a bear to pinch spent blooms. I've still only
gotten about half of them.

Ingrid Bergman finally has a tiny bud. It's coming back very slowly
from the transplanting. I've just got to give it time, I suppose. I've
noticed a couple of tiny basal canes starting (almost microscopic).
I'm guessing that this plant will be fragile from the transplanting
for at least year and I'd better make winter plans now.

Took the first bloom from Papa Meilland, leaving one full bloom and
about 10 buds.

Put down Bayer's Advanced Grub Control yesterday and got it watered
in. I'm sure that the neighbors thought I was crazy watering my yard.
We'll see how much it cuts the Japanese beetle population. I'm also
hoping to spray as blackspot is starting to return. I hit all of my
plants with some MiracleGro from the hose sprayer yesterday as well.

The climbing Fairy is opening blooms now. In a week, it'll be
completely covered in blooms. Old Blush (Cl) is making a second
smaller flush. Sombreuil lost some buds to all of the rain, but it's
still got some nice blooms nonetheless.

Lots of blooms on Graham Thomas. Fame is also throwing some nice
blooms as well. Portland continues to bloom pretty strongly as does
Cecile Brunner (Cl). Brunner has some massive new basal breaks *and*
new growth higher up.

All of the perennials are starting to strut their stuff.

....and that's the way it is in weilland.

Old 10-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Cass

Shiva wrote:
~~