Old 28-04-2015, 06:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Can I use vegetable fertilizer on roses?

Rose is also needed to use fertilizer , if you think of it as ornamental flowers, you can use the vegetable fertilizer.I know there is a fertilizer used in the rose and vegetables effect is good.It is cocoly granular water soluble fertilizer .If you want to learn this fertilizer ,Pls contact me
Old 25-02-2021, 06:51 PM
Registered User

Default rose fertilizer

in my experience generally, vegetables prefer a balanced fertilizer. Unless you are growing something specific like tomato plants.

Something like 14-14-14 for Vegetables

Whereas roses like a feed with higher nitrogen fertilizer early in the season and then a high phosphorus

Again somewhere in the region of 9-18-9 for Roses pre-bloom

This article on rose fertilizers https://theyardandgarden.com/best-rose-fertilizer/ covers it and when best to feed your roses

As long as they get something when they start to bud up, that's the main thing