Old 28-02-2003, 10:51 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default Double Delight (was Granada)

In aHlwYXRpYQ==.89e73fbf7e3df4fcfcc1f813d4339c3e@104 6408219.cotse.net
Shiva wrote:
Well, I knew aboout the parentage, but not that DD has a better scent.
Now I feel pretty sure I need DD. The colors do not appeal, but for
good scent I will let them grow on me. And heaven knows I will always
need another Prima Donna rose that will swoon unless I fuss over it,
but deliver the goods if I do!

Double Delight is one of those roses that works when you see it in the
flesh. It's genuinely not photogenic. You can manipulate the white/red
colour balance of each bloom based on when you pick it (earlier = more
white).

The scent is the strongest of any rose I've ever grown or smelt.
Perhaps Radio Times is as strong, but DD is more piercing. It's a spicy,
peppery scent. If you like Granada, this is the concentrated form.

DD was the top selling rose in Australia for most of the 80s.
Old 28-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Susan H. Imko

Daniel Hanna wrote:

Double Delight is one of those roses that works when you see it in the
flesh. It's genuinely not photogenic. You can manipulate the white/red
colour balance of each bloom based on when you pick it (earlier = more
white).

The scent is the strongest of any rose I've ever grown or smelt.
Perhaps Radio Times is as strong, but DD is more piercing. It's a spicy,
peppery scent. If you like Granada, this is the concentrated form.

Oh man, you're killing me! I can't wait to get mine! Only problem is
now I have such high expectations!

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu

Double Delight Susan H. Simko Roses 3 30-05-2003 05:08 AM
Fragrant reds (was Pics (including Double Delight)) Daniel Hanna Roses 0 21-05-2003 11:20 PM
Pics (including Double Delight) Susan H. Simko Roses 8 21-05-2003 07:44 PM
Double Delight and Miniatures Susan H. Simko Roses 5 17-04-2003 03:44 AM
Poor Double Delight Roses 0 17-04-2003 12:56 AM