Old 11-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Shay

Default Repeat Blooming Scented Yellow Rose?

I'm interested in finding a repeat blooming yellow rose with a good
scent. I prefer a deep, clear yellow. I've seen some around my (zone
7) neighborhood, but have been unable to identify the variety. Any
suggestions much appreciated.

-Shay
Old 11-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Radika Kesavan

Shay wrote:
I'm interested in finding a repeat blooming yellow rose with a good
scent. I prefer a deep, clear yellow. ... Any suggestions much
appreciated.

Sunsprite, Sunsprite, Sunsprite! Here, take a look:

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=6077

--
Radika
California

Old 11-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Radika Kesavan

Shay wrote:
I'm interested in finding a repeat blooming yellow rose with a good
scent. I prefer a deep, clear yellow. ... Any suggestions much
appreciated.

Sunsprite, Sunsprite, Sunsprite! Here, take a look:

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=6077

Out here, it does not so much repeat bloom as blooms constantly. And it
needs a lot of sun, in our climate, a minimum of eight hours was
recommended by the locla nurseryman from whom I bought this rose four or
five years ago.

--
Radika
California

Old 11-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Daniel Hanna

In Shay wrote:
I'm interested in finding a repeat blooming yellow rose with a good
scent. I prefer a deep, clear yellow. I've seen some around my (zone
7) neighborhood, but have been unable to identify the variety. Any
suggestions much appreciated.

In the David Austin range you could try Golden Celebration, Graham
Thomas or Molineux.

For hybrid teas, try Gold Medal. Valencia has a great scent but the
colour is more 'old gold' than a strong yellow.

For floribundas I agree with Radika. Sunsprite is called Friesia in
some countries.
Old 13-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Daniel Hanna

In lms wrote:
There's another best yellow if you can believe it--Elina or Peau Deuce
as it's sometimes called. Light Yellow. Very full stout bush,
extremely vigorous. Outstanding. Hardiness not an issue here. On a
given day, if I had to pick one yellow rose, it might be that one.

I grow Elina. Nice strong bush, with very large flowers of moderate
fragrance. Good for cutting but nice on the bush too. No black spot to
speak of, but mildew can get to it sometimes.
Old 15-05-2003, 04:44 AM
Shiva

On 13 May 2003 14:50:05 GMT, Daniel Hanna
wrote:

In lms wrote:
There's another best yellow if you can believe it--Elina or Peau Deuce
as it's sometimes called. Light Yellow. Very full stout bush,
extremely vigorous. Outstanding. Hardiness not an issue here. On a
given day, if I had to pick one yellow rose, it might be that one.

I grow Elina. Nice strong bush, with very large flowers of moderate
fragrance. Good for cutting but nice on the bush too. No black spot to
speak of, but mildew can get to it sometimes.

Someone told me Elina has fragrance, but mine did not. Lovely rose,
smells like rock. I gave it away.