Old 12-05-2003, 03:56 AM
Joe Stead

Default Bare root roses 3 weeks no green

Hi, I bought 2 Fairy and 2 Pavement Rugosas as bareroot plants and planted
them 3 weeks ago. They are "own-root" plants. There was some unseasonable
cold weather, but this is Philadelphia and it wasn't below 30 degrees for long.
I don't see any signs of life to them.

There isn't much "flexibility" to them, how long should I wait before digging
them out and trying again?
Old 13-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Joe Stead

http://www.springvalleyroses.com
Old 14-05-2003, 08:08 AM
TMehlin

Wait another couple of weeks. The same thing happened to me last year, 4
weeks and no signs of life, so I called the company (David Austin USA) and
they sent me a replacement. In week eight, the day the replacement rose
arrived, the thing showed a few tiny pink growth buds, and now a year later
both are doing ok.
-Tracy

Old 18-05-2003, 12:20 AM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Wait a while longer. I bought some, and before I had the chance to plant
them, one of my dogs decided they would be a tasty treat, it ate almost all
the roots of the 3 rose bushes, there was like one root left on each plant.
I planted them anyway, and nothing happened the first year, now it's year 2
(almost) and all three of them are thriving. Unfortunately one of them
turned out to be a climber and wasnt packaged that way, so it's all over the
place. I guess I'll have to dig that one up this year.

Of course I planted a 4th rose last year and one of the dogs decide it'd be
tasty treat too, thorns and all, so it ate it down to almost nothing. So
far that one hasnt done anything and if it doesnt do anything this year,
it's gone. i have a thing about pulling roses that look dead, but might
have a 0.00001% chance that it will come back.

"Joe Stead" wrote in message
: Hi, I bought 2 Fairy and 2 Pavement Rugosas as bareroot plants and
planted
: them 3 weeks ago. They are "own-root" plants. There was some
unseasonable
: cold weather, but this is Philadelphia and it wasn't below 30 degrees for
long.
: I don't see any signs of life to them.
:
:
: There isn't much "flexibility" to them, how long should I wait before
digging
: them out and trying again?

How To Deal With Low Budget Bare Root Roses Bob Bauer Roses 4 28-10-2009 12:34 AM
Bare Root Roses tmtresh Roses 5 27-02-2004 12:08 AM
Joseph's Coat & Bare Root Roses Shiva Roses 0 27-04-2003 06:32 PM
Bare root roses Jayne United Kingdom 1 23-04-2003 01:46 PM
Bare root roses Jayne Roses 3 21-04-2003 04:58 PM