Old 15-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Shiva

Default Off topic, but please DON'Tread ... (was problem with my roses-need help) is now ... Torgo's

On Wed, 14 May 2003 11:32:00 GMT, torgo

I enjoy debate too. I really, REALLY enjoy it ...

(Has that sinking feeling started to kick in yet?)

I am afraid not.

Frankly, your debate skills need work. You dropped the ball
repeatedly on basic facts. (Your initial case declared botrytis was a
bacterial infection when it is a fungus.]

News flash: this is not a ****ing contest, so zip it back up. In all
discussion and debate errors are made. My lack of testicles may
partially account for my ability to be wrong comfortably, and
certainly accounts for my ability to admit when I have something
wrong. I did so. I'm fine with that.

You claimed the original
poster "exactly" said the blooms are rotting in the bud, when he said
nothing of the kind.

We've been over this. Craig's language is ambiguous.

Your prescribed cure for botrytis was a
fungicide that has been found to be ineffective against that
particular fungus).

Oh, I don't know. I have not had any botrytis since maintaining a
regular preventive fungicide program. Or canker for that matter.
Believing everything you read is the sign of a weak mind.

In debate, you can't afford to trip up on the
simple stuff, because that undermines your credibility for all of your
remaining arguments.

Nonsense. Valid arguments do not depend upon the "credibility" of the
person making it. An argument is either valid or invalid. Period.

You failed to present evidence to support your positions.

Bzzzt. Gross generalization. Untrue. Credibility, you say? Tsk.

Anytime you
launch a negative case in debate (that is to say, whenever you set out
to debunk a proposed statement), you absolutely must present evidence
to support your argument against the opposing case.

Nonsense, dumbass! You cannot prove a negative at all.

Your negative
case against rain damage was based on nothing more than "roses love
water" - woefully inadequate

Torgo. You are stupid. Please do not try this again. I said clearly
that the photos I saw look a great deal like what the NC Ag folks
tested for botrytis and identified as botrytis. It is there for all to
read.

Your positive case lacked evidence as well - "I had spots once and
they turned out to be botrytis"

I never mentioned spots at all.

Now let's get to work and see if we can repair the damage we've done
to both of our reputations here. It won't be easy...

Well now, this just hurts. I hurt for you.

That's really all I can say.