Old 17-05-2003, 04:08 PM
ScoobyRCP

Default roses changing color?

Greetings gang.....

I have a rather weird question. I have lost my tag off a rose (therefore can't
help with identification) that I was anticipating moving for several reasons.
this rose was thought to be a small shrub variety, nearly thornless with small
white flowers, profusely blooming but very susceptible to mildew.

Before getting a chance to move it this year duw to nearly constant rains, I
noticed that the flowers are now red (not from sucker growth I might add). How
is this possible, am I brain dead and not remembering this bush correctly??

Any ideas welcome

This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.

Old 17-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Henry

ScoobyRCP wrote:
Greetings gang.....

I have a rather weird question. I have lost my tag off a rose (therefore can't
help with identification) that I was anticipating moving for several reasons.
this rose was thought to be a small shrub variety, nearly thornless with small
white flowers, profusely blooming but very susceptible to mildew.

Before getting a chance to move it this year duw to nearly constant rains, I
noticed that the flowers are now red (not from sucker growth I might add). How
is this possible, am I brain dead and not remembering this bush correctly??

When you say "was thought to be" does that mean you have never seen it
bloom before but that's what you were told when you bought it? If so,
it's likely that you just didn't get what you thought you bought. While
some roses (usually sports) will occasionally revert to an earlier look
and while roses will occasionally produce a sport, it's not the norm and
is usually confined to a single branch. So in your case, it's likely
that you either forgot what the rose was or were sold a random rose,
labeled as a particular rose. Are the flowers nice? Can you post
pictures to the web somewhere for us to see. It's possible someone here
can help identify it.

--
Henry

Old 18-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Tim Tompkins

It sounds like Dr. Huey, a very common understock for grafted roses. It can
easily grow from the main stem if the graft variety has died. Dr. Huey is a
deep purple red, you can find pictures of it on the web at:

http://www.ph-rose-gardens.com/00704.htm

Tim

"ScoobyRCP" wrote in message
[...]

Color Changing Epidendrum - "epi_cal-2870_1_P6210933.jpg" (1/1) 159.7 kBytes yEnc Larry Dighera Orchid Photos 6 25-07-2007 03:44 AM
Color Changing Epidendrum - "epi_cal-2870_1_P6210933.jpg" (0/1) 159.7 kBytes yEnc Larry Dighera Orchid Photos 0 21-07-2007 01:47 AM
Koi changing color Reel Mckoi Ponds 7 26-10-2005 05:51 AM
Color Temperature vs Color Spectrum David Wee Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 05-06-2003 06:08 PM
Color Temperature vs Color Spectrum David Wee Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 03-06-2003 10:44 AM